22 August 2014

Make up Revolution Eyeshadow Dusts


I got these eyedust eyshadow pigments/ loose eyeshadow, whatever you want to call the the other day from Make-up Revolution at Superdrug.
I don't know if they're a new brand or new to Superdrug- but I only heard of them recently reading a blog and thought they sounded great. Make-up revolution reminds me of MUA- great prices and suprisingly good quality. These were £1 each and I ordered them online. The first thing I thought when I got them was "oh dear I seem to have bought 6 almost identical eyeshadows" because from the packaging they all look so similar, but they look so different on. You can get them from Superdrug or straight from the Make-up Revolution website.


All the colours are slightly shimmery like this one- I won't describe them much, you can see for yourself what they look like


I think this colour is so nice, I didn't think I would wear it much but it makes a change from golds and browns and is actually really wearable

I applied this colour really badly- I don't know what's going on with it but anyway we're here to look at the eyeshadow not my terrible make up applying skills. I love this colour probably the most, colours like this are so nice, especially if you have blue eyes

They were actually surprisingly easy to apply-first I used my two-faced shadow insurance eyeshadow primer to make them more pigmented and to make them stay in place better, then I used a shading brush from my ecotools starter kit (I don't really like these brushes- I find them a nightmare to use usually because of the flatness and hardness of them, but for pigments they work well) to press it all over my eyelid, I didn't end up with any fallout which I was quite amazed at and I've worn a couple of them so far all day and they stay on really well.


JUST LOOK AT THE COLOURS


 This one is a bit hard to wear as I don't tend to wear lilac eyeshadow, but I'm going to branch out and try it out.

 The only downside to these eyeshadows (and the brand in general) that I can see is their packaging is really cheap. I also bought some lipsticks from here and one of the casings (is that the word? The plastic outside of the lipstick that you keep it in anyway) was already a bit broken- I can't wind it up and down properly already, and the lid with holes in that keeps all the pigments from coming out at once on the eye dusts comes off randomly sometimes, getting stuff everywhere- so my tip is only shake them upside down with the lid screwed on, and also don't expect the packaging to be good because it isn't, but for £1 you can't complain.

Have any of you tried this brand yet?
Rebecca



















No comments :

Post a Comment